Best Results by Using a Marketing Consultant
Innovation is highly strategic and for that reason many companies are reticent to use external resources out of concern that confidential information could leak. However, breakthrough innovation requires different perspectives and fresh insight that may not be available internally. In other words, without new and different inputs, you cannot get compelling new and different outputs.
Moreover, internal resources are likely to interpret information and consumer research findings the same way marketing managers at your competitors do. That will yield innovations that look a lot like your competitor’s innovations. So in avoiding the risk of confidentiality, you incur a huge opportunity cost on the value and market potential of the new product, service, or customer experience.
The risk can be effectively addressed through non-disclosure agreements and industry exclusive client arrangements (i.e., using consultants that do not work with competitors). Additionally, patents and copyrights can be used to further circumvent the risk–and should be an on-going part of your marketing strategy.
Using an independent contractor or consultant gives you the ability to efficiently and cost-effectively get the right expertise. Additionally–in taking this approach–you benefit from not having to make a long-term commitment and retaining the flexibility to adapt to an evolving market with new and unprecedented dynamics.
While the process used to innovate is straight-forward, clever and creative thinking is necessary to find the breakthrough opportunities. For example, what information is gathered, which research methods are used, how the findings are interpreted, and how ideation is conducted will make a big difference. That is the art of successful innovation.
Using a marketing consultant or contractor is a great way to get the expertise you need, when you need it, and only for the specific need you have.
Hiring A Marketing Consultant
Hiring a marketing consultant is very important for your business to flourish. You need to spread a word about your company to the people through all possible ways including media. For this purpose, having a marketing consultant is very beneficial, as it would help you and your company in reaching new heights of success and growth.
Thus, in order to hire street smart marketing personnel, a few basic things must be kept in mind.
• Relevant experience: Your main priority should be to check the person’s experience in the relevant field. You can easily rely on the person with experience rather than a person who does not put his words into action. He must be able to have a complete understanding of your business to promote it better.
• Know how of digital marketing: With the advancement of technology, everyone nowadays has access to the digital media. Thus, it becomes very important for you to promote your company’s objective through social media. So when you are hiring a consultant, make sure he has the know-how about digital marketing and is well aware of its potential.
• Have a look at their website: Your marketing agent should be well versed in writing skills. Any flashy animations cannot make up for the content of the website. Thus, it is very important to have a look at their website to have a clear understanding of how well they can write about your sales performance to turn visitors into actual customers.
• Check their LinkedIn profile: LinkedIn can prove to be helpful for you to get the candidate for your company. Just as they would sell your company’s objectives to expected customers, they would try to sell their characteristic and talent through their LinkedIn profile. Thus, it is always advisable to check the entire profile to get an idea about past work, which will help you decide better.
• Test his skills during the initial days: Your workflow should be in complete sync with that of your marketing managers. Only then can you achieve the desired goals set for the growth of your company. So, work with him for initial few days to understand his way of working before you decide to hire him.
• Read their write-ups: Nowadays, all active marketing consultants have their own blogs to promote themselves that help them generate leads. Thus, you can go through these blogs to understand their approach towards marketing.
• Find their areas of strength: To get the right candidate for your company it is important for you to foresee his areas of strength and weaknesses. They might have experience in a number of fields but their expertise lies only in certain fields. You need to find out those fields and check whether those are beneficial for your company or not.